The Chamber of Commerce of Cape Coral has teamed up with Keiser University with this new take on our Advanced Leadership Program.
We are excited to announce that for the first time ever, this course can be offered for college credit or non-credit course to be determined by the participant. Participants taking the course for credit are enrolled as non-matriculating students, and would take the course as a hybrid course, which would include homework, discussion post, testing, and other online assessments. Those not taking the course for credit would include homework and discussion post, but not testing or other graded online assessments.
Classes are held at Keiser University, Fort Myers.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the evolving theories of leadership, the behavior approaches to leadership and the various contingency approaches to leadership
- Explain how personality, values, attitudes, cognitive differences, emotions and charisma affect leadership
- Demonstrate how to lead with courage and morals in a professional manner, identify people who follow and what motivates them
- Demonstrate how people are motivated according to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Apply effective communication techniques and the dynamics of a team and how to handle conflict
- Identify, diversity in today’s workforce and how to effectively use diversity to strengthen the workforce using societal standards of conduct
- Demonstrate how to use power effectively to manage adults and to see how vision affects leadership
- Apply the concept of organizational culture and how to effectively manage culture/diversity conflict
- Explain people’s inherent fear of change. How to overcome this and deal with resistance.
For more information on Advanced Leadership Cape Coral, please contact Donna Germain, President & CEO at (239) 549-6900 x107.