9:00 AM ET October 3, 2022 – North Fort Myers, FL
“LCEC continues to expand the number of crews coming into our area to restore electric service in our devastated communities. In doing so, our goal is to restore our members’ power as quickly as possible given the conditions in our communities,” said LCEC CEO, Denise Vidal.
“We are also working closely with, and appreciate, the coordination and resources devoted to this complex effort by Gov. DeSantis, state and local agencies and officials. The Governor’s leadership of our state’s recovery and his compassion for our citizens is inspiring to all who are partnering in this response. This coordination is imperative as we recover and meet the needs of our customers and the communities we serve.”
LCEC genuinely appreciates the duress that our customers are facing and are fully committed to working with hundreds of line workers, construction and vegetation crews, and support employees to repair our heavily damaged system as safely and quickly as possible. Please continue to be mindful of safety around downed power lines and thank you for the kindness that many are showing to our crews.
Following are LCEC estimated times of restoration for most affected areas. The timeframes provided are based on worst-case scenarios, and it is possible power will be restored sooner to the locations able to receive power.
Estimated Restoration Times:
- Broward County is essentially restored.
- Charlotte County – estimated to be 95 percent restored by end of day Saturday, October 8.
- Collier County (excluding Marco Island) – estimated to be 95 percent restored by end of day Saturday, October 8.
- Marco Island is currently 40 percent restored with specific areas still being assessed for restoration alternatives. It is estimated to be 95 percent restored by end of day Tuesday, October 4.
- Hendry County – estimated to be 95 percent restored by end of day Wednesday, October 5.
- Lee County (excluding Pine Island and Sanibel / Captiva Islands) – estimated to be 95 percent restored by end of day Saturday, October 8.
- Pine Island estimated restoration time will be determined once access to the island is established.
- Sanibel and Captiva Islands estimated restoration time will be determined once access to the island is established.
“Essentially Restored” is when more than 95 percent of customers able to take service are energized.