FORT MYERS, Fla. (Oct. 2, 2022) – Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) in Fort Myers, Florida, will be opening on Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2022, for limited commercial flight operations. There will be some changes we would like everyone to be aware of before coming to the airport.
- The initial hours of operation for security checkpoints at RSW will be between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. with flights operating between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Due to impacts from Hurricane Ian, please use caution and leave extra time to get to the airport. The roadways at RSW are open.
- Some of the many amenities you have come to expect at RSW may not be available when we first open. Concessions will have limited food and beverage and other items may be in short supply.
- Although restrooms will be open, we will not have drinking water available in the terminal until the boil water notice in our area has been lifted.
- For any questions about specific flights, please go to your airline directly as they will have the most up-to-date information.
- When you get to the airport, check to see what gate your airline will be using. Some airlines will be operating from different concourses than usual.
- The long- and short-term parking lots are open; however, shuttle buses may take a little longer.
- Rental car agencies will have limited operations. Please contact your agency for the most current information. If you are using an off-airport rental car agency or hotel shuttle, please contact them directly.
- Airport Plaza gas station and the 7-Eleven convenience store are open, but may have limited supplies.
- The airport is not a public shelter. We ask that only people traveling come to the airport.
We will continue to post operational updates on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the airport’s website, flylcpa.com. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience during this difficult time. Our #1 priority is your safety and we needed to make sure everything at RSW was ready to serve our travelers and the community.