As you prepare for family, friends, fun and feasting this Thanksgiving, avoid being a turkey when it comes to energy usage! Gobble up savings by following these tips from LCEC:
- Cook multiple things at once and resist the urge to peek into the oven. Every time you open your oven, the temperature drops by 25 to 30 degrees in addition to raising the temperature in your kitchen.
- Maximize your microwave. Microwaves use half as much electricity as conventional ovens, and cook items in a shorter time. Cook side dishes in the microwave, and leave the big dishes for the oven.
- Match up pots and pans to your burners.
- Use a cooler for items like drinks to prevent having to open your fridge repeatedly.
- Save time, water and electricity by using your dishwasher to clean your Thanksgiving mess. Fill it completely to get the most bang for your buck.
Happy Thanksgiving from the LCEC family to yours!